Ship tracking and security specialist Pole Star has announced that the PSP Tracking app is now available for Android. The PSP Tracking mobile app was initially released last year for iPhone only. Since its release, the Pole Star team has worked on delivering an Android version to cater to all clients.
The app will provide all Pole Star Platform customers with greater working flexibility by integrating vessel tracking services from their central desktop application on smartphones and tablet devices. On the PSP Tracking app, users can:
- Easily log in using PSP platform credentials
- View ships under accounts or sub-accounts on a map or in list view
- Select a specific ship and view its movement history and details
- Change the device’s reporting frequency (with relevant permissions)
- Choose from different map types as the base layer
- Enable weather layers in map view
- Mirror the display on a TV monitor
- Easily view SSAS/AIS non-reporting ships on a map or list
- Configure select features (eg. global ship trail length, vessel label)
The app is free of charge, and available via the Google Play store under the name PSP Tracking, and via the Apple Store under the name PSP Tracking.
Pole Star says it welcomes all feedback, and has included a built-in feedback tool within the app.