In light of the World Health Organization (WHO) declaring coronavirus (COVID-19) a pandemic, BIMCO is providing the maritime industry with free posters to be used onboard ships so that seafarers and any visitors coming onboard are made aware of the precautions to be taken in order to fight against the spread of this disease.
All the posters are made by BIMCO, drawing guidance from materials provided by WHO, promoting primarily the following measures:
- Maintain high hygiene standards
- Clean all surfaces regularly – including handrails and door handles
- Be careful not to touch surfaces with fingertips and the front of your hands
- Keep a safe social distance
- In order to ensure the precautionary measures are viewed by persons on board, BIMCO is providing three posters for different positions on the ships and are optimised for printing in black and white in both A3 and A4 formats:
The overall purpose is to inculcate a sense of awareness and promote a safe and sound working culture under these circumstances
We all have a shared responsibility in containing the outbreak to the best of our intent. BIMCO encourages members to share these posters throughout the industry and refer to our quick guidance and guide to restriction regimes in the wake of COVID-19 for further guidance.